Hello visitor,

This is a little private forum to exchange informations about second language learning.
If you like it you are cordially invited to to play a part in our discussions.
Please understand that you can only participate if you register.
This is a private project and we don't have the funds to run an open forum.

You got this link from another Duolingo user or found it in the Duo-Forum?
Please register with your Duolingo nickname so we know who's knocking.
If you register, please have a little patience with us. We will give you access as soon as possible.

best regards your RedAngel666

Shall I learn Polish?

Antworten
slam

Shall I learn Polish?

Beitrag von slam » 30. Nov 2017, 22:58

Hallo Leute,

I have an appointment with a new doctor whose first name is Renate, I wasn't told her last name. But a friend of mine who recently went to her told me that she had an accent. So I thought Renate sounds very German to me so maybe I can practice my German. But no, I found out later that she is Polish.

I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and there are more Poles in Chicago than in Warsaw. I always thought that Polish was a beautiful language when spoken by educated individuals, much prettier than French as far as I am concerned.

So I thought, Okay I'll take some Polish lessons on Duo. Holy cow, when I tried to take the first few lessons in Polish I could tell right away that it wasn't going to be easy. In fact, I quit.

So when I see Dr. Renate, maybe she can speak German. I know a lot of Poles do know some German. So my flirtation with Polish was very brief. Any Polish speakers out there? I love your language but I am afraid I can't hack it.

Signing off, and very disappointed, Susan
RedAngel666
Heart of the Board

Re: Shall I learn Polish?

Beitrag von RedAngel666 » 30. Nov 2017, 23:36

Hi Susan,
I thought you wanted to learn Spanish? Anyway. Polish is a very hard language to learn imho. We have a polish friend and everytime I want to repeat a polish word he says I break my tongue (I'm a bad ape :lol:). Even though I learned a little bit Serbian it is extremly hard for me to speak polish words. So don't be ashamed you quit the course you got my sympathy, really!

But if you accept the challenge, why not? I think you need just enough will and a good portion of stubbornness. ;)

Best regards Angel
„Nehmen Sie die Menschen wie sie sind, andere gibt's nicht.“
Konrad Adenauer
slam

Re: Shall I learn Polish?

Beitrag von slam » 1. Dez 2017, 20:05

Liebe Angel,

It didn't take long for me to discover that Polish is very hard. Yeah, I may get into Spanish someday but I need all the time I get for language learning on German right now. I do not have any special talent for languages; in fact it is very difficult for me

Bis später, Susan
Antworten